Everything is bigger in Texas, right? These Sunday dinner sandwiches take their inspiration from a big state in order to feed a hearty bunch. They're big on flavor, too!
This Sunday dinner recipe for Texas toast grilled chicken sandwiches delivers filling and fabulous sandwiches perfect for a hungry group! Texas toast is thick-cut, square-shaped bread that is amazing toasted and ready for your favorite fillings. We chose classic ingredients for great taste and state-sized, hearty sandwiches!
Texas toast grilled chicken sandwiches
- 4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 sliced Texas toast bread, buttered and toasted in the oven or on the grill over the lowest setting
- Ranch dressing
- 8 slices crisp-cooked bacon (2 slices per sandwich)
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves (1 leaf per sandwich)
- 8 tomato slices (2 slices per sandwich)
- Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper and grill them over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side or until done. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services notes that a safe internal temperature for chicken breasts is 165 degrees F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and place a slice of Swiss cheese over each. Keep the chicken warm.
- Toast or grill the bread (butter the bread lightly if you're grilling them).
- To create your sandwiches, add the ranch dressing to four of the slices, then top each with the bacon, lettuce, tomato and finally the chicken breasts with cheese.
- Add the remaining slices of bread to the top of each and serve warm.
Enjoy sandwiches that are big on flavor as well as size!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Grilled sausage with marinated peppers and onions
Shrimp and sweet corn chowder