Quinoa veggie "fried rice" recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over low heat. Add beaten eggs and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool, then dice into small pieces. Reserve.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, until onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and soy sauce. Toss gently to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in green onions and eggs.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha sauce, if desired.
More Daily Flavor
Quinoa, black bean and corn salad
Roasted mushroom quinoa risotto
Arugula and quinoa salad