Better Ways To Eat Your PB
Peanut butter isn't just for lunchtime sandwiches or breakfast. In fact, this sticky, delicious condiment can be used in a myriad of tasty and savory ways. If you're looking for some variety when it comes to your favorite nut butter, check out one of these recipes!
You won't find any jelly in this roundup. Instead, you'll find ingredients like chicken broth, carrots, spaghetti noodles and bacon! Get creative in the kitchen and still enjoy your favorite spread by whipping up one of these fantastically unique recipes.
Bisquick peanut butter bacon cookies
Recipe inspired by Betty Crocker
Yields about 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the peanut butter, milk, brown sugar and Bisquick together. Stir in the bacon.
- Roll the batter into one-inch balls and place on the parchment paper. Press slightly down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until golden brown. Using the back of a fork, make indents on the top of the cookies.
Peanut ranch dipping sauce
Yields about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeño, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Dash of salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the peanut butter and ranch together. Stir in the tomatoes, jalapeño, lime juice and salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Spicy peanut butter spaghetti
Serves about 4
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, whipping cream, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Add the sauce to the spaghetti and mix to combine with tongs.
Creamy peanut butter soup
Recipe inspired by Jif
Serves about 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 28 ounces low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons McCormick chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in flour. Add broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, milk and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a blender and pulse on low until smooth. Pour soup back into the saucepan and reheat. Stir in chili powder.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
More fun peanut butter recipes
Quinoa peanut butter banana bars
Bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter Sriracha ketchup
Creamy peanut butter pudding recipe