Chipotle pesto pasta with avocado recipe
Adapted from Mother Thyme
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 5-6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. In the food processor, pulse together chipotle peppers, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream and then the yogurt. Run until well emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, chipotle pesto, corn, black beans and tomatoes.
- To serve, top with avocado and cilantro.
More Daily Flavor
Chorizo macaroni and cheese
Creamy Cajun shrimp linguini
Broccoli chicken macaroni and cheese