Broccoli chicken macaroni and cheese recipe
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
- 8 ounces pasta shells
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 ounces grated Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta shells according to package directions. Add broccoli florets to the pot 3 minutes before pasta is cooked through. Drain well and reserve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat milk and add sun-dried tomatoes. Whisk in the cheese a handful at a time until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add cooked pasta, broccoli and shredded chicken to the cheese mixture. Gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
More Daily Flavor
Chorizo macaroni and cheese
Beef enchilada casserole
Avocado Alfredo pasta with spicy shrimp