Spice up the classic creme caramel flavors by adding cinnamon and a brandy sauce. So delicious!
It's hard to resist the smoothness, silkiness and softness of creme caramel. Just a little bit sends you to dessert happiness. With the addition of cinnamon and a brandy sauce to cover it, you will definitely lick your spoon!
Creme caramel with cinnamon and brandy sauce recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 14 ounces regular milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (or lemon)
- Over medium fire, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the water. When the sugar has completely melted, add the brandy. Let the alcohol evaporate and cook until slightly thick. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the condensed milk, regular milk and the cinnamon by whisking manually.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the egg yolks. This time, whisk very lightly, just enough to break the yolks and then mixing them with the milk. Do not whisk too much.
- Pour around 2-3 tablespoons of syrup in each of the ramekins. Swirl it a bit to cover the bottom part of the ramekin.
- Pour the milk mixture in each of the ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking dish filled halfway with water.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 360 degrees F for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, let them cool and place in the refrigerator before serving.
- When ready to serve, turn them upside down on a plate.
More dessert recipes
Strawberry cheesecake dessert pizza recipe
Lemon chess pie recipe
Bacon apple pie recipe