It's pumpkin time! This time we have taken this mostly sweet-treat ingredient and taken it down the savory route by combining it with ricotta cheese, sage, thyme and lots of salty Parmesan cheese. You're going to love this fall-inspired pasta dish.
Pumpkin and ricotta pasta casserole recipe
Yields 9 x 13-inch casserole dish
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in penne pasta and cook a few minutes short of al dente. Follow box directions.
- Once pasta is ready, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, poultry seasoning, garlic and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add pasta to the pumpkin mixture and mix together. Pour into prepared dish, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake for about 35 minutes.
More pasta recipes
One-skillet spicy sausage pasta recipe
Sweet potato and chorizo stuffed shells recipe
Taco stuffed shells recipe