Brown butter Rolo chocolate chip cookies recipe
Yields 30 cookies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 16 Rolo candies, unwrapped and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook, whisking constantly, until the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat browned butter and both sugars on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and add eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Gently fold in toffee bits, chocolate chips and Rolos.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto baking sheet. Bake until edges are golden brown but center is still moist, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
More Daily Flavor
Chocolate pretzel beer toffee
Flourless peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies
Quick-and-easy brownie trifles