A Healthy Flourless Alternative
You will never believe the star ingredient in this pizza dough. Finely chopped cauliflower is transformed into pizza dough by mixing it with seasonings and fresh cheese, then baked. Topped off with your favorites, this will be a fun new way to enjoy pizza.
This pizza is sure to blow your mind. When you think of cauliflower, pizza is probably the last thing to come to mind. Using a food processor, we processed the cauliflower and mixed it with other ingredients to form pizza "dough." You won't believe how easy and how much healthier this version is. Never feel guilty about eating pizza again!
Cauliflower pizza crust recipe
Yields 1 pizza crust
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pizza toppings (pizza sauce, fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, meats or extra cheeses)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, lightly pulse the cauliflower in batches until it resembles rice. Place the cauliflower "rice" in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 6-8 minutes or until soft and allow to cool.
- To the cauliflower, add the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, the egg and season with salt and pepper, mixing very well. Add the mixture onto the baking sheet and press down to form desired pizza crust shape.
- Bake the pizza crust for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Top with desired pizza toppings and bake again for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve immediately.
More gluten- free recipes
Healthy gluten-free breakfast cookies
Gluten-free jalapeño cheddar cornbread
Gluten-free zucchini "fries"