Romaine leaves are filled with crunchy turkey bacon, tomato slices and mashed avocado, then rolled up for a super easy low-carb and also gluten-free lunch treat.
These turkey avocado wraps are fun, healthy and easy! Large romaine leaves replace the bread, making this an excellent option for those cutting back on carbs. You can make these ahead of time, just keep them in the refrigerator for a quick grab-and-go snack or lunch. If you don't like bacon you can use sliced turkey, ham or even a variety of vegetables.
Turkey bacon avocado lettuce wraps recipe
Serves 4 (2 wraps per person)
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 16 slices organic turkey bacon, cooked (we used Applegate Farms brand)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Lay the romaine leaves out on a large cutting board. Spread each romaine leaf with the mashed avocado. Divide the bacon slices between the romaine leaves (2 slices per wrap) and 1/2 slice of cheese per wrap.
- Top with slices of tomato and gently roll up. Secure with a toothpick if you wrap doesn't want to hold.
- Serve immediately or keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- You can also add condiments such as mayonnaise, pesto, mustard or a drizzle of your favorite salad dressing.
More easy wrap ideas
Veggie wraps with avocado and honey dressing
Fresh peach wrap with avocado and lime spread
Hawaiian chicken wraps