Korean fried chicken wings recipe
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce and sugar over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Reserve.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, place the chicken wings in the hot oil and fry until light brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Increase the oil temperature to 350 degrees F. Add the fried chicken wings to the oil again and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Toss wings in soy sauce glaze. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
More Daily Flavor
Spicy cola and jalapeño-glazed chicken wings
Creamy white queso dip
Beer-braised chicken sliders