Labor Day is Monday, Sept. 7. Don’t miss out on these amazing restaurant deals and menu ideas.
If you're looking for somewhere to eat over the long weekend (and love a good deal), check out one of these restaurants that are offering specials. Planning on staying home? We've got the perfect recipes for you to create a memorable holiday in your own backyard too.
For those eating out…
- Arby's. Get a free slider with the purchase of any sandwich through Sept. 8 using this coupon.
- Bertucci's. On Labor Day weekend, Sept. 5-7, get $10 off $30 of carryout or 15 percent off your dine-in check using this coupon.
- Boston Market. On Monday, Sept. 7, get 25 percent off any family meal.
- Bruegger’s Bagels. Enjoy a weekend's worth of breakfasts at Bruegger's, and get $3 off when you purchase a Big Bagel Bundle (a baker's dozen of bagels and two tubs of cream cheese) Sept. 4-7. Use this coupon.
- Bucca di Beppo. Take advantage of their "Feed four for $40" deal with this coupon through Sept. 27. You get garlic bread, a salad and a family-size entrée of your choice.
- Carrabba's. Go to Carrabba's on Labor Day, and use this coupon for 15 percent off lunch or dinner, good through Oct. 25.
- Denny's. Use this online coupon, and get 20 percent off your entire check through Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Firehouse Subs. On Monday, Sept. 7, get a free medium sub with your purchase of a sub, chips and medium drink. Get your coupon here.
- Ikea. Get some shopping done at Ikea Sept. 5-9, and your meal at the Ikea restaurant will be deducted from your total purchase of $100 or more.
- Jamba Juice. From Sept. 3-7, buy one juice or smoothie, and get a second for free using this coupon.
- McDonald's. From Sept. 4-6, buy a Buttermilk Crispy Chicken item, and receive a free medium soft drink.
- Olive Garden. Get $5 off your purchase of $25 or more through Sept. 13 with this coupon.
- Outback Steakhouse. From Sept. 3-7, get 10 percent off your entire check, excluding alcohol, with this coupon.
- Spaghetti Warehouse. Get a family feast for four, with three double-sized entrées of your choice, for just $30. Use this coupon at participating stores from Sept. 5-7.
For those staying in…
Planning a Labor Day barbecue this year with family and friends? Check out our best grilling, side dish, dessert and cocktail recipes. With a meal like this, summer is certain to go out with a bang.
1. Fritos pie burger
A juicy burger piled high with Fritos and chili? It doesn't get much better than that.
2. Tex-Mex chicken grill packets
A tasty, simple meal you can throw together quickly in a foil packet, allowing you more time to socialize, play backyard games and enjoy a drink or two!
3. Bacon fat-roasted potato salad
Instead of boiling the potatoes, roast them in bacon fat. This gives the potatoes the perfect consistency — and the flavor is unbelievable.
4. Pasta salad
Pasta salad is perfect barbecue fare and pairs wonderfully with any item you choose to grill. Choose from 19 tasty options.
5. Key lime pie sugar cookie cups
These mini treats use store-bought sugar cookie dough for a super-easy dessert that's as cute as it is delicious.
6. 3-Ingredient grilled peach cobbler
Quite possibly the easiest dessert you'll ever make — after all, it's only three ingredients, and you won't even need to turn on the oven. Get the recipe.
7. Boozy watermelon-lemonade slushie
You can't have a Labor Day party without a few creative drinks. This boozy watermelon-lemonade slushie is perfect for summertime.
8. Shandy (lemonade and beer) cocktail
This beer cocktail is top notch for any outdoor gathering. It's cool and sweet, with just the right amount of tang.
More on Labor Day
40 Labor Day recipes for one last delicious summer soiree
18 Drool-worthy hot dogs that make us wish it wasn’t already Labor Day
11 Foolproof grilling tips you need this Labor Day weekend