Looking for something to do on a lazy Labor Day weekend? Labor Day falls on Monday, Sept. 5, this year, and it's right around the corner. Thank goodness dozens of restaurants are putting out special deals and menu concepts to get us into the end-of-summer holiday spirit. And if you're planning to stay home, we've got the perfect recipes for you to create a memorable holiday in your own backyard too.
More: Burger King could become your new happy hour spot
For those eating out…
- Boston Market. On Monday, Sept. 5, get 25 percent off any family meal.
- Burger King. Get $1 classic grill dogs over Labor Day weekend, Sept. 3 and 4, 2016. Score.
- Carrabba's. Amore Mondays just happen to coincide with Labor Day — get a special three-course meal starting at $12.99 after 3 p.m. on Mondays.
- Denny's. How about 20 percent off your entire check until Sept. 7, 2016?
- Einstein Bros. 13 bagels for only $6 on Mondays? Yes, please!
- IHOP. Kids are still eating free, with the purchase of an adult entrée, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. through Sept. 25, 2016.
- Marie Callender’s. The only way to celebrate Labor Day is with free pie — with the purchase of an adult entrée, of course.
- McDonald's. Start out your morning right — buy one breakfast sandwich, and get one free using the McDonald's app, until Sept. 30, 2016.
- Olive Garden. New Lunch Duos come with that epic Olive Garden salad and start at only $6.99. Available Monday through Friday until 4 p.m.
- Sonic. Take advantage of Wing Night on Labor Day with buy one, get one free boneless wings from Monday to Thursday, 5 p.m. to close.
- Souper Salad. Try this healthified Labor Day deal of an adult buffet at only $6.49 through Sept. 4, 2016. Limit 4.
- Spaghetti Warehouse. Thank God Kids Monday falls on Labor Day, which means every Kid's Menu Meal is only $1.99 with an adult meal purchase.
- Taco Bell. If all else fails, the Dollar Cravings menu at Taco Bell is still going strong — with tons of yummy tacos (and other goodies) for only $1.
Next up: For those staying in…