Think you don't have time for breakfast in the morning as you rush out the door? Think again. Prepare this easy and healthy oatmeal in a jar the night before, and you'll be eating breakfast in minutes the next morning. Any fruit will do, but peaches 'n cream is a fun, classic way to start.
Peaches 'n cream overnight breakfast jars recipe
- 1 cup oatmeal (regular oats, not quick cooking)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional, but helps with thickening)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk (regular, almond or any other kind will do)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, extracts, maple syrup, yogurt, milk, water and protein powder (if using) in a large bowl and stir until combined. Pour the mixture evenly into two jars.
- Stir in half of a chopped peach into each jar.
- Cover the jars and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove the jars from the refrigerator, add more liquid (either water or milk) if the mixture has become too thick for your liking and top each jar with the remaining chopped peach.
More oatmeal breakfast recipes
Chocolate oatmeal and caramelized bananas
Balanced breakfast ideas for busy mornings
Black Forest baked oatmeal recipe