Use your favorite melon and mint to create a simple, frozen treat everyone can enjoy. Get 'em while they're cold!
This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for minty melon pops couldn't be easier to make. Use the summer's sweet fruit and mint to create a colorful and flavorful frosty treat. There's no need for sugar or coloring, making this all-natural goodie something to savor!
For this recipe we used six 3-ounce freezer pop molds. If you don't have freezer pop molds, you can use small paper cups (like Dixie Cups) and wooden Popsicle sticks to make these: Evenly divide the honeydew mixture between the cups, filling them halfway up. Freeze and, when almost completely frozen, add the wooden sticks to the middle of the mixture in the cups. Evenly divide the watermelon mixture, filling the cups to the top, and freeze until solid.
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Minty melon pops
Yields 6 (3 ounce) frozen pops
- 2 cups blended honeydew melon
- 2 cups blended watermelon
- 2-4 mint leaves, to taste
- Separately blend the honeydew and the watermelon and 1-2 mint leaves per batch (depending on taste) in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Evenly divide the honeydew mixture and fill 6 (3 ounce) freezer pop molds halfway with it.
- Freeze for several hours. Don’t allow the mixture to freeze completely solid, but somewhat solid, since you want to be able to remove the stick portion of the mold.
- Evenly divide the watermelon mixture and fill the freezer pop molds to the top with it.
- Allow to freeze several more hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve them, run the molds under very warm water for a few seconds (don't run the tops under the water) to help them loosen up.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Chill out with this fruity treat!
More gluten-free recipes
Tart cherry jiggly gelatin
Peanutty caramel corn