Fresh pea and Greek yogurt frittata recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh shelled green peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped mint, loosely packed
- Pinch of saffron threads, crushed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Greek yogurt
- Chopped chives
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the peas for 1-2 minutes, then immediately transfer to an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium (about 10 inch) ovenproof, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the peas and cook over moderate heat until warm, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt with 6 eggs (reserving 2), mint, saffron, salt and pepper until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs, gently whisking the whites into the mixture, being careful to keep the yolks intact.
- Pour the egg mixture over the peas and cook over moderately high heat until just set on the bottom and around the edges, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil 6 inches from the heat for about 2 minutes, until the top is set and lightly golden in spots.
- Slide the frittata onto a plate, cut into wedges and top with desired toppings.
More Daily Flavor
Roasted tomato frittata
Creamy goat cheese polenta with herb pesto