A fresh loaf of fluffy baked bread laced with cinnamon, brown sugar and spices. Perfect for Sunday mornings with a hot cup of coffee.
Nothing tastes as good as a nice slice of warm cinnamon bread alongside a cup of coffee. This recipe results in a fluffy yet dense cinnamon bread that is great for breakfast or snacking. You might want to make a double batch!
Cinnamon spice quick bread recipe
Yields 1 loaf of bread
For the bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
For the cinnamon topping and filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Mix with your fingers until it looks crumbly and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients, mixing well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together, trying not to overmix.
- Pour half of the batter into the bread pan and add a layer of the cinnamon topping mixture. Top with remaining batter and the remaining cinnamon topping mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is cooked completely. (You can test this by inserting a toothpick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, it's done.)
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
More quick bread recipes
Eggnog quick bread
Chocolate cherry quick bread
Chocolate chip oatmeal quick bread