A Tasty Vegetarian Dinner Idea
Earthy portobello mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of veggies, pesto and Parmesan cheese then baked to perfection. A wonderful option for those seeking to opt out of meat or switch up the weekly rotation a bit.
Portobello mushrooms can be a little intimidating at first glance, but once you try them your perception is changed for good! Since they are a bit "meaty," portobellos are wonderful for vegetarians and add texture to meals. Here we stuffed them with breadcrumbs, veggies and added pesto to really bump up the flavor.
Pesto Parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms recipe
Yields 4 servings
- 12 baby portobello mushrooms or 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms and set on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl add the pesto, breadcrumbs, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. With a spoon fill each mushroom with the pesto mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and the filling is a golden brown color.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving (the filling will be hot). Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
More delicious mushroom recipes
Stuffed portobello pizzas
Philly cheese portobello sandwiches
Grilled portobello mushroom burgers