Breakfast, lunch or dinner
Dig into a big bowl of creamy, cheesy polenta for a hearty meal any time of the day.
Whether you're making this for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you won't be sorry. Goat cheese polenta topped with soft-boiled eggs and herb pesto is a decadent and comforting dish.
Creamy goat cheese polenta with herb pesto recipe
Yields about 4 cups
- 6 ounces polenta (coarse cornmeal)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- Soft-boiled eggs
- Herb pesto (see recipe below)
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- Place the polenta and water in a 2-1/2 quart saucepan. Stir to combine over medium-high heart and simmer, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 7-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the grains are soft, about 1 hour.
- Whisk in the salt and pepper, butter and goat cheese.
- Spoon the hot polenta into individual bowls. Top with a soft-boiled egg, herb pesto, green onions and toasted pine nuts.
Herb pesto recipe
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor add the herbs, capers, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pulse to chop the herbs. Slowly stream in the remaining olive oil, pulsing to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Daily Flavor
Heirloom tomato galette
Warm dandelion greens potato salad