The classic savory chicken and waffle dish gets an appetizer makeover with these chicken-filled cones. They're not only fun for kids, but they also allow the adult party guests a free hand for their drink. It's a win-win for everyone!
Chicken and waffle cone recipe
Yields 8 appetizer servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup unseasoned regular breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 packaged waffle cones
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk egg and water together in another bowl.
- Dunk chicken into the egg mixture first, fully coating each piece and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer the breaded chicken to the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with nonstick spray and then place in oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove chicken from the oven and fill each waffle cone with the baked chicken.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
More chicken appetizer recipes
Buffalo chicken cups
Curried peanut chicken bites
Chicken and vegetable spring rolls with spicy-lime dipping sauce