Tuna, white bean and roasted fennel salad
- 1 large fennel bulb, green tops removed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon capers, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained and flaked
- Squeeze of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the fennel in about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast fennel for 15 minutes, flip over and roast another 10-15 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Reserve.
- To a skillet over low heat, add 5 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, capers, smoked paprika, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is very tender but not brown, about 4-5 minutes. Mash some of the capers with the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, gently toss the roasted fennel, white beans and tuna together. Top with the garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Finish with a squeeze of lemon. Garnish with capers and chopped parsley.
More Daily Flavor
Roasted corn, farro and tomato salad
Chinese chicken salad
Warm dandelion greens potato salad