Beer Makes Cupcakes Even Better
What's better than a regular cupcake? A cupcake made with beer! PubCakes are a fun way to combine two of our favorite things — beer and dessert.
Beer-lovers, take note... these cupcakes are for you! Use your favorite brews to customize PubCakes cake mixes and make your own unique flavor combination or use one of the recipes included in the package. Either way, beer-infused cupcakes are a sweet end to any meal.
Ancho chili-spiced cocoa porter PubCakes recipe
- 1/2 cup stout, porter or brown ale (we used Kona Brewing Company Koko Brown)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 package PubCakes Cocoa Porter Craft Beer Cake Mix
- 1 batch ancho chili-spiced chocolate buttercream frosting (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together beer and butter.
- In a large bowl, beat egg with sour cream. Stir in ancho chili powder.
- Slowly mix butter mixture into sour cream mixture, then add cake mix. Stir until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners, about 2/3 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from muffin tin and let cool completely.
- Frost with ancho chili-spiced chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkle with additional ancho chili powder, if desired.
Ancho chili-spiced chocolate buttercream frosting recipe
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for about 30 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, ancho chili powder and milk. Mix on low for about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of the bowl, then increase speed to high and beat until completely incorporated and fluffy. (If mixture is too thick, add a little more milk. If mixture is too thin, add more powdered sugar.)
- Place frosting in a piping bag and pipe on cupcakes or frost with a knife.
More recipes with beer
Chipotle beer cheese dip
Jalapeño pale ale cornbread
Strawberry beer sorbet