Kids, Pizza Sandwiches For Snacks Are Here!
Kids are crazy about pizzas and Nutella! Add some coconut flakes and pistachios, then put them together sandwich-style. Your kids will love them!
Prepare something different for your kids this time. If you can buy the prebaked pizzas, it's going to be easy as ABC! Plus, they will surely love everything about it! Pizza and Nutella, how can they say no?
Pizza sandwich with Nutella, coconut & pistachios recipe
- 4 slices of baked plain white pizza (if making pizza from scratch, see recipe below)
- Coconut flakes
- Crushed pistachios
- Mini chocolate balls (optional)
- Spread some Nutella on 2 of the pizza slices.
- Sprinkle with the coconut flakes, pistachios and chocolate balls (if using).
- Cover the sandwiches with the remaining plain pizza slices.
Makes 6 pizzas
- 18 ounces bread flour (preferably Double Zero "00") plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup lukewarm water + extra if necessary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce fresh baker's yeast cube (or 0.25 ounce dried yeast in sachet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Make a little mountain of flour on a wooden board (or in a bowl). Mix in the salt. Make a hole in the middle.
- Mix the baker's yeast with the water and sugar. Mix until completely melted. Leave it for 10 minutes then pour it in the hole in the middle of the flour little by little.
- Use your pointing finger to mix the flour with the liquid. Start from the center going outward in a circular motion. Add the extra-virgin olive oil. Add more water if necessary.
- Knead until you have a compact ball of dough.
- Put the dough in a big bowl and cover it with a cloth. Let it rise between 2 and 4 hours at room temperature. You can also leave it overnight. If you are in a hurry, put it in the oven at 90 degrees F for one hour.
- When the dough has risen, divide it into 6 equal parts. It should be elastic.
- Sprinkle the wooden board with flour. Flatten the dough (1 of the 6 you divided). You can also work on each dough with your hands by flattening it with your hands and stretching the sides little by little. Make a rectangular shape.
- Transfer the flattened pizza dough on a pizza pan with the help of the rolling pin.
- Bake at a preheated oven of 395 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Slice to small pieces to prepare for the sandwiches.
More recipes for kids
Healthy smoothies kids will actually enjoy
Healthy oatmeal recipes for kids
Kid-friendly salad recipes