A Lighter Take On
A Fast-Food Fave
Healthy breakfasts don't have to be boring, and they don't have to take forever! These amazing healthy breakfast sandwiches take only a few minutes to prepare and taste 10 times better than the greasy, full-fat ones you get at a drive-thru.
Made with turkey bacon, whole wheat English muffins, bagels and vegan sausages, these delicious breakfast sandwiches are full of flavor without all the fat, calories and bloat. Plus with all of the different ingredients you can swap in and out, no morning ever has to taste the same!
Sausage and cheese muffin
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 2 vegan sausage patties
- Salt and pepper
Other healthy English muffin sandwiches
- Jalapeño popper — Sub in pepperjack cheese, add caramelized jalapeños and 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese.
- Sausage and mixed veggie — Crumble the sausage and add mixed vegetables like peppers and mushrooms. Then top with sliced cheese.
- Toast the English muffins in a toaster.
- Meanwhile, grease a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add eggs and cook over easy, about 2–4 minutes.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat and add vegan sausages. Cook about 4 minutes or until done. Top the bottom of the English muffin with a vegan sausage, a cheese slice, eggs and salt and pepper.
Spicy mixed vegetable egg white sandwiches
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded pepperjack cheese
Additional burrito toppings for added flavor
- Make it meaty! Add in some buffalo chorizo or vegan chorizo for some added protein.
- Make it vegan! Skip the pepperjack and add homemade vegan queso instead.
- Spray a skillet over medium heat (with nonstick cooking spray). Add onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add peppers and cook until soft, another 2–3 minutes.
- In the same skillet, pour in eggs. Scramble and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in the veggies, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Scoop the egg mixture onto the right hand side of the tortilla and roll up.
Caprese bacon and avocado bagels
- 2 whole wheat bagels
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- 4 slices avocado
- 2 slices heirloom tomato
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
More bagel breakfast ideas
- Peanut butter and banana bagels — Make a sweeter sandwich by spreading a warm bagel with peanut butter, bananas and cinnamon.
- Smoked salmon — Spread the bagel with flavored cream cheese (like chives) and top with smoked salmon and cucumbers.
- Toast the bagels in a toaster. Top with fresh mozzarella, avocado, tomato and turkey bacon.
- Add basil leaves and salt and pepper.
More healthy breakfast recipes
Quick and healthy breakfast recipes
3 Healthy and delicious breakfast loaves