A steak-and-potatoes dish doesn't have to make for a dull meal. For a Sunday dinner, grilled steak and potato salad livens things up. Toss your steak and potatoes with salad greens and your favorite dressing to create a hearty, tasty salad. We think a Dijon vinaigrette dressing goes well with this salad, but so would a ranch or blue cheese dressing. The choice is yours!
Grilled steak and potato salad recipe
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound flank steak
- 6 ounces salad greens
- 1/2 cup Dijon vinaigrette dressing, or salad dressing of choice
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the quartered potatoes in the olive oil and season with half the salt and half the ground black pepper.
- Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. Set aside when done.
- As the potatoes cook, season the steak with the remaining salt and ground black pepper. Grill the steak over medium-high heat until done. The USDA notes that a safe minimum internal temperature for beef is 145 degrees F as measured with a meat thermometer.
- When the steak is finished cooking, allow it to cool to the touch, then slice it into 1/2-inch thick strips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with enough dressing to lightly coat them.
- Evenly divide the salad greens between individual plates and top with several pieces of the steak and the potatoes.
This salad is anything but standard!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Grilled fish tacos with creamy lime dressing
Tuna and spinach sandwich wraps
Skillet chicken fajitas