Fruit juice in desserts is always a treat. This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe takes juice to the next level and makes it jiggly!
Simple and refreshing, this Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for tart cherry jiggly gelatin is easy to make and can be served as an elegant treat or as something a bit more whimsical. If you want elegance, serve as the recipe below indicates. Otherwise, use your favorite cookie cutters to create a fun take on things. Instead of using a knife to cut out the squares, simply cut the gelatin in the pan using your cookie cutters and serve several on a plate.
If you'd like, use your favorite fruit juice with this recipe instead of the tart cherry juice (be sure to strain out any pulp first before mixing) and adjust the sugar as needed. If you're using a sweet juice, cut back on the sugar.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Tart cherry jiggly gelatin recipe
- 1 cup cold water
- 2-1/2 (1 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups (100 percent juice) tart cherry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Pour the water into a large bowl then sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow it to stand for a few minutes so the gelatin thickens.
- Add the juice and sugar to a saucepan and heat it, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the juice and sugar mixture over the gelatin mixture and stir until the gelatin has dissolved completely.
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch glass pan with the nonstick spray. Pour the mixture into the pan and refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Use a knife to cut the gelatin into small squares and remove from the pan.
- Serve in individual dessert cups with a dollop of whipped topping (optional).
It's fun to get jiggly with dessert!
More Gluten-free Goodie recipes
Peanutty caramel corn
Creamy peanut butter pudding