This Southwestern-spiced baked spaghetti will bring tons of flavor to your table. Spaghetti never tasted so good!
This dish is a spicy and flavorful twist on your classic baked spaghetti. Filled with spicy taco meat, mushrooms and chopped green chilies. Your whole family is going to go crazy over this dish. If you're not a fan of spice, simply swap out spicy taco seasoning for mild.
Southwestern baked spaghetti recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 packet hot taco seasoning (use mild if you prefer less heat)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare spaghetti according to box directions and set aside.
- Using a 12-inch oven-safe skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is warmed, add in onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and green chilies. Cook until vegetables start to soften and add in ground beef.
- Cook the mixture until the ground beef is no longer pink. If the mixture is really greasy drain, add back to the pan and move on to the next step. If there is not a lot of grease in the pan then simply skip the draining portion.
- Sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning and add in tomato sauce. Cook until warmed throughout and add in spaghetti. Toss to combine and spread out in a even layer across the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
More spaghetti recipes
Spaghetti taco recipe
Spaghetti topped hamburger recipe
Spaghetti with sausage and kale recipe