This creamy chicken and mushroom skillet supper is perfect for cool fall weather. This is one hearty meal.
Making a home-cooked meal no longer has to mean hours in the kitchen and tons of dirty dishes. This simple one-skillet supper is full of creamy mushroom flavor and can be ready in under 30 minutes. You're going to be blown away by the ease of this dish.
Creamy chicken and mushroom skillet
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Lay out chicken breast and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 3 tablespoons butter and melt over medium heat. Add in chicken breast and cook till no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter, melt and add in onions. Cook until they just start to soften. Add in mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms and onions are soft.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in heavy cream, stir and let the mixture warm through and thicken. Place chicken in the pan and let it warm in the sauce.
- Serve as is or scoop over pasta.
More easy dinner recipes
Broccoli chicken macaroni and cheese
Pineapple rice stuffed peppers
Chicken and tofu skewers with peanut sauce