Get the flavors of chicken curry but in meatball form. These meatballs are full of flavor and the perfect weeknight dinner.
You don't have to go out for delicious curry. This simple dish combines flavorful chicken meatballs with slightly spicy curry. Of course if you don't like things spicy, you can always just leave the crushed red pepper out of the dish. Don't worry, it will still be delicious.
Thai chicken meatball curry recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients. Mix together using your hands and form into 1-1/2 inch balls and lay on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- In a blender add roasted red peppers. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet add blended peppers, red curry paste and coconut milk. Cook until flavors have combined and it starts to thicken. Add in frozen peas until warmed through.
- Toss meatballs in the sauce and serve over rice if desired.
More meatball recipes
Spicy garlic baked meatball recipe
General Tso's meatball recipe
Baked turkey quinoa meatball recipe