Tired of store-bought products that are full of preservatives? This simple syrup delivers on taste without all those scary processed ingredients.
Tired of spending money on processed food from the grocery store? You no longer have to pay for rich chocolate syrup when you can make it at home for half the cost. This recipe is perfect for making chocolate milk or even drizzling over vanilla ice cream.
Homemade chocolate syrup recipe
Adapted from Food Network
Yields 5 cups
- 1-1/2 cups water (milk can be used as well)
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- In a high-sided skillet, add water and sugar. Bring to a boil and whisk in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, kosher salt and brown rice syrup.
- Turn down heat and whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Strain mixture and let cool.
- Add mixture to a squeeze bottle or Mason jar for storage.
More chocolate recipes
Oreo pancakes recipe
Mason jar s'mores recipe
Egg-free chocolate cake recipe