Popcorn Grilled Cheese!
Kids love this fun and simple version of one of their all-time favorite lunches... the grilled cheese sandwich! Serve with chocolate milk, root beer or an ice cream soda to give it a retro feel! (Oh and... moms and dads will love it, too!)
The cheese popcorn in the sandwich gives the grilled cheese texture and mixes perfectly with the hot melted cheese and grilled buttery bread!
White cheddar popcorn grilled cheese recipe
- 2 pieces thick country bread (or your favorite bread)
- 4 pieces mild white cheddar or American cheese
- Handful of white cheddar popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a large frying pan over medium heat and melt butter in the bottom of the pan. Place each slice of bread in the pan, layer 2 slices of cheese on each bread piece. Cover the pan to allow bread to crisp and brown and cheese to melt, about 4 minutes.
- Remove lid from pan, place a big handful of popcorn on top of one of the bread and cheese slices. Place the other bread and cheese slice on top of the popcorn (cheese side down) to form the sandwich.
- Press lightly on the sandwich to secure it and place the pan in the oven for about 3-4 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remembering to use an oven mitt, remove pan from the oven, remove sandwich from the pan and carefully slice using a serrated knife. Serve white cheddar popcorn grilled cheese with additional popcorn on the side and an ice cold root beer or chocolate milk if desired.
More grilled cheese recipes
Grilled cheese rolls
Spinach, goat cheese and avocado grilled cheese
Smoked Gouda, ham and apple grilled cheese