If you like a warm bowl of cereal topped with fresh berries and other goodies to start your day, say hello to quinoa!
Many warm breakfast cereals are off limits when you follow a gluten-free diet. The perfect solution is to substitute something you might eat for lunch or dinner: quinoa. As a gluten-free grain, quinoa makes a great option for breakfast, too. This recipe for cinnamon breakfast quinoa with berries and nuts is easy to make and provides a warm, hearty dish to start the day off right!
Cinnamon breakfast quinoa with berries & nuts recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans (or your favorite nuts)
- 1 cup milk of choice, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey, or more to taste, divided
- Add rinsed quinoa, water and cinnamon to a saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. When boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or according to the package directions. The quinoa is finished cooking when it is soft and the water has been absorbed.
- Divide the quinoa between individual serving bowls. Top with the fresh berries, the toasted pecans, and milk.
- Drizzle the honey over the top and serve warm.
Grab a spoon for this breakfast dish!
More Gluten-free Friday recipes
Ricotta, honey and banana bagel panini
Blueberry and banana-mint smoothies
Teriyaki tofu and zucchini with rice noodles