Mom's Solution: Healthy Nuggets!
You can breathe easier now. Chicken nuggets can be made healthy, using good ingredients and baking them in the oven.
Let's face it, when kids see the dreaded fast food joints serving God-knows-what's-in-it chicken nuggets and want to eat them, we lose the battle of saying No! As Moms, we face a challenge: Do our own versions putting in good ingredients and baking them. It is possible!
Healthy baked pasta-crusted chicken nuggets recipe
Makes about 20 nuggets
- 9 ounces white meat chicken
- 4 ounces cooked ham
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- Angel hair pasta, broken up
- Olive oil
- In a blender, pulse the chicken and cooked ham together. Add a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Shape them into small balls.
- Prepare 3 bowls containing: flour, egg and breadcrumbs mixed with angel hair pasta.
- Dip the balls in the flour first, then the egg and lastly, cover them with the breadcrumbs mixed with the pasta.
- Distribute them on a lightly oiled baking pan. Drizzle olive oil on the nuggets.
- Bake at 395 degrees F for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
More snacks for kids
6 on the go snacks for kids
Healthy snack recipes for kids
5 super snacks all kids love