Don't worry about scrambling for dinner. This simple dish is thrown together in the slow cooker and ready by dinner. It couldn't get easier!
No one wants to stand at the oven for hours after they get home from work. That is why these slow cooker chicken tacos are perfect for a busy weeknight. Simply throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to the bulk of the meal already prepared. Pile the tender spiced chicken on top of a tortilla and finish with all your favorite toppings.
Easy weeknight slow cooker chicken tacos recipe
Yields 6 servings
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning (use hot if you want more heat)
- 1/2 cup tomato-based salsa
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, diced (this will bring spice so leave out if sensitive to heat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings: cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together taco seasoning, salsa and diced chipotle chili.
- Pour over chicken, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until tender. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add meat to flour tortilla and top with desired toppings.
More chicken recipes
Tex-Mex chicken salad recipe
Baked sweet and sour chicken recipe
Chicken cordon bleu pasta casserole recipe