Eggplant Parmesan is a classic Italian dish. Too bad it's most often fried and covered in tons of cheese. These fresh eggplant slices give you all the flavor of eggplant Parmesan without all the work and fat.
Healthy eggplant Parmesan slices
- 1 large eggplant, top and bottom cut off and cut into 1/2-inch lengthwise slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, sliced into slivers
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill.
- Lay out cut eggplant and baste both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Quickly grill eggplant until the eggplant just starts to soften.
- Lay out grilled eggplant onto Silpat or parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Top each slice of eggplant with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Broil under high heat just until the cheese melts.
- Take out of the oven and top with fresh sliced tomatoes and basil.
More eggplant recipes
Oven-baked eggplant fry recipe
Baked pasta in eggplant crust recipe
Eggplant pumpkin peanut curry recipe