This awesome little sandwich is paired with fresh baby greens, a super spicy sauce and put on a fresh whole wheat pita pocket. You're going to love this!
Tofu sliders with spicy sauce recipe
Yields 8 sliders
- 1 (12 ounce) block extra-firm tofu, drained
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets, cut in quarters
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Wrap your tofu in paper towels and place on a plate. Cover with another plate and then a heavy can. Leave in the fridge overnight. This will help get the most water out of your tofu.
- After your tofu is drained, slice into 16 slices.
- In a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, honey, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Add in tofu slices and cover. Let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in marinaded tofu. Cook till toasted on one side, flip and cook on the other side.
- Add greens to the pita quarters and top with 2 slices of cooked tofu.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- Slather some spicy mayonnaise onto the slider and enjoy.
More tofu recipes
Crispy panko tofu bites recipe
Spicy tofu lettuce wraps recipe
Orange-ginger tofu stir-fry recipe