A Little Spark To An Old Favorite Combination
Chicken and potato salad is everyone's favorite, and there are so many ways to enjoy it. Our way? Grill the chicken first!
This is such a yummy treat with the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery all mixed up with mayonnaise. And to make it even better, fresh mint gives it a good spark of added flavor.
Chicken potato salad recipe
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 7 ounces chicken fillet
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces mayonnaise (can be adjusted)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Put the potatoes in a pan and pour cold water in until the potatoes are just submerged. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes until they are tender. Check by poking them with a fork or the tip of a knife. Peel and dice. Set them aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot of boiling water, drop the carrot and cook for about 5-8 minutes. depending on the size, making sure that they still remain slightly crunchy. Peel and dice.
- While waiting for the potatoes to cook, grill the chicken fillet on a griddle until both sides are cooked through. Dice.
- In a big bowl, put together the potatoes, carrot, chicken and celery. Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
More chicken and potato recipes
Chicken and veggie topped baked potato recipe
Lemon herb chicken and potatoes recipe
Crispy chicken thighs with braised kale and mashed potatoes recipe