Sneak some veggies into that party dip with this cheesy zucchini version.
Overloaded with zucchini from your garden? Forget the typical muffins, breads and other baked goods you normally hide it in. Let's do something cheesy! This baked cheese dip is so decadently creamy, you'll forget it's chock full of a vegetable. Serve it with crackers or more veggies and eat up!
Cheesy zucchini dip recipe
Yields 6-8 appetizer servings
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed of excess water
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine goat cheese, Parmesan, egg and milk in a large bowl. Whisk until mixed together and smooth.
- Add shallot, garlic, zucchini and salt and pepper and mix together with a spatula until incorporated.
- Pour cheese mixture into a large ramekin or other oven-safe casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, sprinkle some extra Parmesan cheese on top and broil on high for 3 additional minutes until the top is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve warm with crackers or vegetables.
More dip recipes
Buffalo chicken dip
Baked artichoke and cheese dip
Artichoke and crab dip