Easy weeknight dinner
Simple pan-seared chicken breasts topped with tomatoes and vodka cream sauce make this easy meal impressive enough for company.
Quick chicken dinners are a staple for any recipe box. Pair this chicken pomodoro with simple roasted potatoes and a green salad for a hearty meal.
Chicken pomodoro with vodka cream sauce recipe
Adapted from Thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped or halved
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook about 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness, until cooked through, flipping occasionally. Remove to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the vodka to deglaze the pan, scraping up all the brown bits from the chicken. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and cream. Simmer about 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Toss in the tomatoes and let cook until softened.
- Spoon the tomatoes and sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with scallions.
More Daily Flavor
Grilled chardonnay chicken
Cheesy grilled bruschetta chicken
Chicken cordon bleu with creamy lemon sauce