Boozy, Chocolate And Cookies, What Else!
Can't decided between a cookie or a gooey s'more tonight? Don’t decide, have both! These indulgent peanut butter bourbon s'mores sandwich cookies combine the best of both worlds into one ooey, gooey, decadent bite.
Really, what more could you want in summertime bite? What gives these sandwich cookies an extra edge is the addition of bourbon. Bourbon makes everything better, we've been saying this for years.
Peanut butter & bourbon s'mores sandwich cookies recipe
Yields about 12 sandwich cookies
For the cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
For the s'mores
- 12 personal size bars of Hershey's chocolate
- About 12 marshmallows, cut into thirds
- About 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 - 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs, bourbon and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, whisk the baking soda, salt and flour together. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Cover the mixture with foil and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of peanut butter cookie mix onto the sheet and repeat, leaving a 1-inch space between each. Using a fork, gently press down once and then again going the opposite way (to make a tic-tac-toe board-like shape on the top).
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden. Let cool for about 90 seconds on a wire cooling rack.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Spread about 1 tablespoon of crumbs over the bottom of one cookie. Cut each marshmallow into thirds and place on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Using a kitchen torch, slightly torch each marshmallow to melt it a little and give it a charred look.
- Top the marshmallows with one small Hershey's bar (chopped in two to make it fit). Torch the candy for a second to melt a little and then place another cookie on top.
More s'mores recipe inspiration
Mason jar s'mores
S'mores ice cream pie
Boozy s'mores milkshake