Spicy iced beverage
When it's too warm for hot tea, this chilled spicy chai iced tea hits the spot and cools you off.
Keep a batch of homemade chai tea in the refrigerator, and you can enjoy a tall glass any time the craving hits.
Homemade chai iced tea recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 14 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- 1/4 cup honey (or less depending on desired sweetness)
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, ginger and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and allow the mixture to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tea and allow to steep another 10 minutes, then stir in honey until it is dissolved.
- Strain the solids out by pouring the mixture through a mesh sieve.
- Transfer to a glass storage container and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice. Fill the glass about halfway full of chai tea, then top with milk.
More Daily Flavor
Iced Mexican coffee
Quick salty limeade
Cucumber, lime and mint cooler