Making Grilled Vegetables Interesting
Summer is for outdoors and grilling! This time, let's focus on the vegetables that we can grill for a healthier grilling experience!
One of the most colorful and healthiest meals is putting together grilled vegetables with a good drizzling of extra-virgin olive oil. That's what the Italians do to stay fit in summer. Adding some mozzarella and pine nuts makes the dish more interesting!
Grilled vegetables with mozzarella, pine nuts & mint recipe
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 whole bell pepper
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 6 ounces asparagus spears
- A few leaves of radicchio or chicory
- 2 (8.8 ounce) mozzarella balls
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pine nuts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Grill the vegetables on a barbecue grill or on a dry griddle over medium-high heat.
- Set aside all the vegetables when they are cooked.
- Grill the bell pepper until the skin is charred. To make the peeling easier, place the bell pepper inside a zip-closed bag and seal for at least half an hour. Take it out then peel off the skin and scrape off the seeds. Slice.
- On a serving plate, put together the vegetables and sliced mozzarella. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts and mint.
More grilled vegetable recipes
Grilled vegetables with lemon-basil aioli
Roasted vegetable tacos recipe
Whole-wheat pasta with grilled vegetables