Another Reason To Love Soybeans!
Soybeans don't need to come to your table already processed. They are actually very good and healthy to eat!
Toss that green salad away and have some beans for lunch. Yes, preparation of the beans can take quite a long time, but you will see that all the soaking and cooking are worth every single minute that you committed. It's simple and very healthy. You will love it!
Soybeans, tuna & tomato salad recipe
- 1 cup soybeans (soaked overnight, water drained)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (quartered if they are big)
- 5 ounces canned tuna preserved in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a saucepan with salted water over medium-high heat, cook the soybeans for 2-1/2 hours until tender. Drain, discard the water and let the beans cool.
- In a serving bowl, mix the cooled soybeans, celery, tomatoes, tuna and fennel seeds.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt, pepper and extra-virgin olive oil. Amount is at your discretion.
More healthy salad recipes
Mediterranean diet: Heart-healthy recipes featuring olive oil
Healthy yet satisfying salads
3 Protein-rich salad recipes for lunch