Fresh Italian Summer Salad Flavors
It's summer and the heat is becoming unbearable in the kitchen. Quickly grilled asparagus, mozzarella and all fresh ingredients make up an outstanding salad!
The colors of this salad alone stand out and invite you to an outstanding plate of simple tastes and ingredients. There's no need to spend so much time in the kitchen to prepare a delicious meal like this. Simplicity counts.
Mozzarella, peppers & asparagus summer salad recipe
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- 2 small sweet bell peppers (yellow and red), julienned
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered if they are slightly big)
- 2 whole sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Fresh basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grill the asparagus in a griddle until almost tender but still on the crunchy side. Chop to bite sizes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the asparagus, the sweet bell peppers, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and fresh basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss.
More summer salad recipes
Watermelon and red onion summer salad
Fresh chick pea and beet summer salad
Summer salad with lemon and vanilla dressing