Almond milk is simple to make at home, and is a great nondairy milk alternative. The taste is amazing!
If you're looking for a nondairy milk option, try almond milk. You'll find it on the shelves of your grocery store, but it couldn't be easier to make at home! Try this recipe for homemade organic almond milk, and you'll never need to buy it again. Keep in mind that homemade almond milk will only last for two days in the fridge, so make only as much as you'll use during that time.
Homemade organic almond milk recipe
Yields 1 quart
- 2 cups raw, organic almonds
- 4 cups filtered water, plus more for soaking
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Add the almonds to a large pan with enough water to just cover them.
- Allow the almonds to soak overnight, for about 12 hours or a little more.
- Drain the almonds from the water when ready.
- In two batches, add half the almonds (1 cup) and half the filtered water (2 cups) to a blender. Blend until the almonds turn to very tiny pieces. Repeat for the second batch.
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the mixture into a large pan, squeezing and twisting the contents until as much liquid (the almond milk) as possible is removed.
- Add the almond milk to a large glass pitcher or jar with a lid.
- If you’re using the honey, add it now and stir.
- Refrigerate and stir before each use (the almond milk will only last for two days in the refrigerator).
Almond milk is amazing!
More organic recipes
Homemade organic apple and banana chips
Organic chicken broth
Organic tzatziki dip