Healthy, homemade snacks are so easy to come by! Try these recipes for homemade organic apple and banana chips. They're a snap to make, even without a dehydrator. Simply pick up a few organic apples and bananas, and you're halfway there. The apple chips are sweet, sweet, sweet! If you'd like, sprinkle them with a little cinnamon prior to baking for a great flavor combo. The banana chips are a terrific treat, too, and tend to be slightly chewier than crisp. If you're making homemade granola, they would be a perfect addition to the mix!
Homemade organic apple chips
- 2 organic apples
- Cinnamon for added flavor (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice washed apples very thin with a mandolin. We cored our apples first, but you don't need to. Simply slice, then pick out any seeds.
- Place the apple slices on the baking sheets in a single layer, without any touching.
- If you're adding cinnamon, sprinkle them lightly once on the baking sheets, before baking.
- Bake for about 2 hours, flipping them once during baking.
- Remove from the oven when finished baking, and cool on a wire rack.
Homemade organic banana chips
- 2 organic bananas, not too ripe
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F. Lightly spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas and slice them very thin, about 1/8-inch-thick.
- Dip each banana slice in the lemon juice.
- Place slices on the baking sheets in a single layer, without any touching.
- Carefully flip them once during baking. The banana slices are very soft and may release a bit of liquid while baking, so take care when you're flipping them.
- When finished, place them on a wire rack to cool.
Fruit chips never tasted so good!
More homemade organic recipes
Homemade organic almond milk
Organic avocado tzatziki dip
Organic chicken broth