There's no need for a dehydrator to make delicious and healthy fruit chips! A little time in the oven is just about all you need.
Healthy, homemade snacks are so easy to come by! Try these recipes for homemade organic apple and banana chips. They're a snap to make, even without a dehydrator. Simply pick up a few organic apples and bananas, and you're halfway there. The apple chips are sweet, sweet, sweet! If you'd like, sprinkle them with a little cinnamon prior to baking for a great flavor combo. The banana chips are a terrific treat, too, and tend to be slightly chewier than crisp. If you're making homemade granola, they would be a perfect addition to the mix!
Homemade organic apple chips
- 2 organic apples
- Cinnamon for added flavor (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice washed apples very thin with a mandolin. We cored our apples first, but you don't need to. Simply slice, then pick out any seeds.
- Place the apple slices on the baking sheets in a single layer, without any touching.
- If you're adding cinnamon, sprinkle them lightly once on the baking sheets, before baking.
- Bake for about 2 hours, flipping them once during baking.
- Remove from the oven when finished baking, and cool on a wire rack.
Homemade organic banana chips
- 2 organic bananas, not too ripe
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F. Lightly spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas and slice them very thin, about 1/8-inch-thick.
- Dip each banana slice in the lemon juice.
- Place slices on the baking sheets in a single layer, without any touching.
- Carefully flip them once during baking. The banana slices are very soft and may release a bit of liquid while baking, so take care when you're flipping them.
- When finished, place them on a wire rack to cool.
Fruit chips never tasted so good!
More homemade organic recipes
Homemade organic almond milk
Organic avocado tzatziki dip
Organic chicken broth