Nothing tops fresh fruit, especially when it takes center stage at breakfast! This smoothie recipe adds fresh blueberries to the mix to make the morning special.
Healthy, filling and loaded with fresh flavors, this Meatless Monday recipe for blueberry-mint chia seed smoothies gets your day off to a good start. Fresh blueberries and mint pack the flavor punch, and the chia seeds help keep you feeling full. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, antioxidants and protein, and they are one of the richest plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Try this trick: Freeze your bananas ahead of time, then use them in your smoothies. Since they're frozen, they take the place of ice cubes and help prevent a watered-down drink. To freeze bananas, first remove the peel. Then cut the banana into 2-inch pieces and add them to a sealable freezer bag. When you're ready to use them, just pop them out of the freezer and into your blender!
Blueberry-mint chia seed smoothie recipe
Yields 2 (6 ounce) smoothies
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-4 mint leaves, to taste, plus extra for garnish
- First add the blueberries and banana to a blender, then top them with the yogurt, chia seeds, honey and mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a few mint leaves.
Enjoy a fresh fruit smoothie for a Meatless Monday meal!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Flatbread with hummus and roasted tomatoes
Grilled vegetables with lemon-basil aioli
Southwestern kale salad with lime dressing