Never worry about microwave popcorn again. Here we share how simple it is to make your very own healthier microwave popcorn at home along with flavor combinations to satisfy any taste buds.
Ever take a look at the ingredients in a bag of microwave popcorn? In this recipe, we explain how simple it is to create your very own microwaved popcorn right at home and include several different ways to flavor it. Don't waste your money on those unhealthy store-bought versions. Give these a try for your next movie night.
DIY homemade microwave popcorn recipe
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 brown paper lunch bag
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Add the kernels to the brown paper bag. Fold the top of the bag over several times. (Do not use paper clips, staples or anything metal in the microwave.)
- Place the bag in the microwave and set the timer to 3 minutes. Microwave the popcorn until you hear the sound of the popping stop or the popping slows down. This tells you the popcorn is done popping, and it will stop it from overcooking and burning.
- Remove the popcorn from the microwave and pour into a large bowl. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Here are more ideas if you want to add flavor to your homemade popcorn
- Italian herb and cheese popcorn — garlic salt, dried Italian herbs and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Fiery spice popcorn — sea salt, cayenne pepper, melted butter and a dash of hot sauce.
- Something sweet popcorn — brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of sea salt.
- Nutty chocolate drizzle popcorn — drizzle with melted chocolate and toss in peanuts, cashews or almonds.
More DIY homemade recipes
DIY organic coconut milk
DIY watermelon keg