Not sure what to do with your leftover chicken? Turn it into a healthy whole wheat pesto pasta meal.
Leftover chicken doesn't have to go bad. Shred it and give it a new life! This simple cold pasta salad is perfect for a hot summer dinner or even a great light lunch. We added pesto, Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, but it would be good with just about anything you throw into the salad.
Leftover shredded chicken pesto pasta recipe
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the pasta according to box directions. Drain and run under cold water to cool down pasta.
- Add in pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded chicken and Parmesan cheese. Add to the refrigerator and serve cold.
- If the pasta seems dry, simply add a little more pesto or a few drizzles of olive oil.
More salad recipes
Skinny broccoli salad recipe
Toasted ramen noodle salad recipe
Corn salad with avocado and queso fresco salad