Interesting Flavors On One Plate
We are always in search of a delicious salad to put together. Proven good, the combination of sun-dried tomatoes, grilled zucchini and mozzarella will take your taste buds for a spin!
Spending a lot of time in the kitchen in the hot summer months is not in anyone's plans. For that, we resort to minimal cooking and a lot of salad dishes to refresh and nourish us. Here's a super-healthy Italian salad dish that doesn't require too much cooking time. Just toss the ingredients together and you have a delicious meal!
Sun-dried tomatoes, grilled zucchini and mozzarella salad recipe
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 zucchini, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 7 ounces mozzarella
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Soak the capers in a small bowl of water for 15 minutes. Drain, discard the water and lightly squeeze the capers to get rid of the excess liquid. Set aside.
- Using an unoiled stove-top griddle (or thick-bottomed saucepan if you don't have the griddle), grill both sides of the zucchini over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt. Let them cool.
- Put together the grilled zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and mozzarella on the serving plate. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
More Italian salad recipes
Italian bread salad (panzanella) recipe
Chilled Italian salads recipes
Italian-style potato salad recipe